Qualified Trained Caregivers
World Leading Alzheimer's and Dementia Training
Clients with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia require specialized care to keep them safe and happy in their homes. The caregivers from All Heart Home Care™ who provide care to your loved one are certified by the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ training program. They are uniquely qualified to provide the in-home care in San Diego that you would provide to your loved one if you could be there.
The CARES Dementia Basics and Dementia-Related Behavior caregiver training program is certified by the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ. The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization.
They provide care and support to Alzheimer’s patients, in addition to the research to help find better treatments for the disease. CARES training prepares caregivers for essentiALZ certification. It is a world leading training that is also recommended by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The CARES Dementia Basics is focused on:
- Patient-centered dementia care
- Potential changes in cognitive skills with the progression of dementia
- Understanding dementia behavior as communication
CARES caregiver training also implements the CARES approach, which focuses on patient-centered methods easy to remember for any person in any situation, regardless of their level of cognitive decline.
C.A.R.E.S. is an acronym for:
- Connect with the Patient
- Assess Behavior
- Respond Appropriately
- Evaluate Which Care Methods Work
- Share with Other Caregivers
The CARES Dementia-Related Behavior program teaches caregivers to focus on:
- Understanding so-called “challenging behavior” of people with dementia and responding appropriately
- Providing thoughtful and effective care for dementia clients who are confused, frightened, irritated, or angry
- Instilling the values that will give caregivers the understanding of how values and beliefs impact the dementia care a client receives
Caregiver Basic and Competency Training
(Certified by Caregiver Training University)
All of our caregivers who provide home care in San Diego are certified by a Caregiver Training university program. The certification is specific for caregivers who provide in-home care.
The Caregiver list qualifies caregivers for basic caregiving and core competency training certification.
The certification was featured in AARP and focuses on home care orientation, safety, and competency.
Home-Care Orientation, caregivers will learn:
- The jobs and responsibilities of caregivers.
- How to complete home-care narratives according to the individual’s care plan.
- How to interpret and implement a dementia client’s home-care plan.
- The caregiver job description.
- How to understand and implement home-care activities.
Home-Care Safety, caregivers will learn:
- The process to control hygiene and infection.
- How to maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment in the client’s home.
- Personal and environmental safety precautions.
- First aid and emergency procedures.
- Emergency preparedness procedures.
Home Care Competency, caregivers will learn:
- How to provide stroke care in the home environment.
- Hygiene and infection practices and procedures.
- Safe lifting and transfer.
- Activity ideas for clients with dementia.
- Caregivers will be given exam questions to test their knowledge.
- Caregivers will receive a yearly refresher training course.
Additionally 4 Training Videos:
- Learning stroke care in a home environment.
- Understanding hygiene and infection practices and procedures.
- Safe lifting and transfers of senior care clients.
- Exam questions to test knowledge and retention of information.
- Yearly refresher training for retention.
- Activity ideas for clients with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Agency Nurse Caregiver Training
The agency nurse at All Heart Home Care provides additional training to prepare caregivers to meet a client’s specific needs. Our caregivers are given the skills to provide the best level of home care in San Diego. The agency nurses:
- Assess each caregiver’s skill set.
- Advise on caregiver and client safety.
- Teach agency home-care policies and procedures.
- Make the caregiver more competent.
Training Skills Include but Are Not Limited To:
- Making transfers and ambulation
- Providing appropriate exercise.
- Helping to improve range-of-motion.
- Preserving brain and memory health.
- Addressing nutrition.
- Assisting with the activities of daily living.
All Heart Home Care is dedicated to providing the highest level of home care to San Diego clients with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. We strive to achieve 100% satisfaction by providing the compassionate, skilled caregivers you want for your loved one’s care. You can be confident that our caregivers have the caregiver training and certifications to provide the best in-home dementia and Alzheimer’s care.
We go the extra mile to provide you with the highest quality of service. To ensure your satisfaction, our nurses perform surprise home visits to confirm that your loved one is getting the level of home care we know is important to you.